Blogging about Reading - November Reads Wrap-up

Welcome to our Monthly wrap-up albeit late.. but better late than never. This Month I finished a total of 5 books and have started a total of 3! So let's get too it and wrap November up!

Books I am currently Reading:

I am currently reading 4 books. Plan to have at least 2 completed by the end of the month. One is an Audio book that I do hope to get through but am not sure if I will finish before the end of December. The other is a Manga series that I will probably pick up here and there for the month. Here they are... my current reads.

Sorcery of Thorns

I am only about 18 pages into Sorcery of Thorns.. I am already very intrigued and while I did hear this book draws you in and doesn't hit the landing at the end I am still very entertained so far and can't wait to immerse myself int he world. Sorcery of Thorns is about a girl names Elisabeth who wants to train to be Warden of the Library which is a essentially a protector of the vile and grotesque evil grimoires (library books) that have been made through sorcery.. of course something happens and panic and mayhem ensue!

Alibris: Books, Music, & Movies

9460487. sy475

I am listening to Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children on audio. I think I will co-listen and read this book even though it is quite short. The book is filled with illustrations and I don't want to miss out on those while I listen. Very early in this read so can't say much yet. If you don't know of this series or haven't watched the movie this is straight from the synopsis.. A mysterious island. An abandoned orphanage. A strange collection of very curious photographs. It all waits to be discovered in Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, an unforgettable novel that mixes fiction and photography in a thrilling reading experience.

Book Club for December: This is the reason for my not so reading currently reading list. I have joined the Big Ass Book Club and will be reading their December read of the month. I did mention this book club before in my previous wrap up, but for any one who missed it The Big Ass Book Club is a club for tackling books 500 pages or more as a group to encourage more reading and less intimidation with really big books. There is no full commitment, you can join in on the months that has a book that tickles your fancy and this month did for me.

40381319

So I am currently reading Priory of  the Orange Tree (roughly 827 pages). I am about 102 pages in and really I am loving this book so far. Dragons, World Building, Pirates, Sorcery, Alchemy, Political Intrigue.. and so much more.. it is a very satisfying December read so far and I expect my reading will pick up even faster as I speed through the pages this month!

If you don't have a December read going on right now, come over and join us on Goodreads!

Kobo Canada

22609131. sy475

And last but not least in my current reads I have volumes 13-15 of Library Wars manga series. I have already read volume 13 but about 2 years ago so before I go to the last and final 2 volumes of the series to finish it off I want to give myself a bit of a re-cap. This series follows a local and library governed military group all about saving the libraries books from destruction. More details from the synopsis: In the near future, the federal government creates a committee to rid society of books it deems unsuitable. The libraries vow to protect their collections, and with the help of local governments, form a military group to defend themselves--the Library Forces!

This series is just amazing.. you have action packed all out battles, assassin attempts, book burning, and of course romance.. lol. A slice of life filled with coming of age and some kick ass fight scenes!

Books I Read this Month:

Now for the 5 books I completed this month and the links so the reviews if they are up.
Mortal Engines by Philip Reeve - 3.5 out of 5 stars
20th Century Boys, Vols 8-9 by Naoki Urasawa - both 5 out 5 stars
Scythe by Neal Shusterman - 5 out of 5 stars 
Night Flights by Philip Reeve - 4 out of 5 stars (review to come will add link then)

Florsheim

December TBR:
My TBR for December/January Sneak Peek will be up by Friday this week as well as a review for Night Flights and Strange the Dreamer (December Read). So far it's looking like I may get through most of my current reads list if not those will roll over to January. If I do finish Miss Peregrine on Audio then I will most likely add in another for December.

But what about you.. how was your November Reading? Did you finish what you wanted to? And what are you currently reading and hoping to read soon?? Let me know in the comments below!!

See you again soon! 

Find me on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Goodreads

Comments

  1. Ooh I really want to read The Mortal Engines - I did something unusual for me in that I actually saw the film before I read it but enjoyed it. Sorcery of Thorns has also been on my list for a while and it's nice to know it has an engaging beginning - look forward to seeing what you think of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh i did too.. and the Mortal Engine's book is quite a bit different than the movie but I think you will like it. Night flights are short stories that happened before the book!

      Delete

Post a Comment